Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three Things this Thursday



1. The weather here is warming up nicely. Today it is going to be 78, tomorrow they are calling for 83. Considering that 85 is considered a heat wave here in July, you can probably understand why my kids are begging to go swimming. We'll be shopping for shorts & new swimsuits this weekend.

2. We surprised our youngest son with exactly what he asked for as a gift for his birthday. For various reasons he thought he wouldn't be getting the game he wanted for his DS. Hubby hid the gift so he wouldn't see it, let him open all the others, then asked him to look for something Hubby needed. The look of surprise on our son's face when he found that special game was totally priceless...unfortunately the camera was on the other side of the room & I didn't get a picture.

3. My house finally feels like it is getting organized. I've still got a really LONG way to go, but I can definitely see progress lately. I've been wanting to rearrange my room & decorate it a bit for a while. I'm getting really close to being able to do that.

Visit Pridelands Mommy for more 3 Things this Thursday

2 comments:

~*Michelle*~ said...

Oh YAY! We are getting nice weather this weekend too!

and another YAY for getting a start on organization!!

have a great week!

(boy I used alot of !!!)

Valerie said...

Isn't organization lovely? I too have been organizing around the house...a shelf here, a drawer there and slowly, but surely things are getting less chaotic! Once it's cleaned/organized it's much easier to keep it that way...it's the process that takes some time!

We are finally getting warmer weather too! I caught my 2-year old running around outside in only his diaper this AM. Even my little ones are catching the spring spirit! Wish I could say that 85 degrees was a heat wave in July, but for us it is a "break" in the weather from heat warnings!!!

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie