Monday, April 20, 2009

Making your Home a Haven




This week's challenge is to set a time to get up each day (or at least, each weekday)!


We've talked about a
morning routine, and now it's time to start making sure we start our day when we need to. I'm not suggesting that anyone has to get up extremely early or anything unreasonable, but I am suggesting that we decide when we should be getting up in order to have the best start on our day


In a way, all my days are weekdays (responsibility days). Hubby is off on Thursdays & Fridays now, but the kids still have to go to school until about May 22nd. My wake up time has been evolving over the last month or so. My goal is to get up at 6:45 to see the kids before they get on the bus.....Hubby has been getting them up & ready on days that he works. On Thursday & Friday, I get up at 6 to get them ready. On Saturday & Sunday, I get to sleep until 7:30 before starting my routines. I've been in the habit of going back to bed on Saturday's after Hubby leaves for work, but I'm trying to break that habit because I end up sleeping for too long & feeling blah the rest of the day. Plus nothing gets done.


I don't have a set bedtime & I've been resisting setting one for myself, but since my morning wake up isn't flexible, I need to work this week on coming up with a good bedtime & trying to stick to it most nights. I usually go to bed anytime between 10:30 and 1 am, I'm thinking that I need to set 11 pm as my firm bedtime & allow myself to go a little earlier if I'm especially tired.


Want to join our challenge? This week, decide what wake-up time would serve you and your family the best! Head over to Tammy's Recipes to see more Making your home a Haven.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate mornings, but I drive the girls to school every day, so I have to be up by 6am Monday-Friday.

The last day of school here is May 27th. Won't be long! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Good luck! This is going to be tough for me. I am such a night owl!

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Sounds good!

Amy said...

This is great!

I pretty much have a set bedtime, 11pm. But some days I wake up at 8am, others 9am... I'm SO BAD!!! I think I'm just the kind of person who needs a lot of sleep. I really didn't do well at all during the girls first 4 months of life that's for sure! lol Thankfully they've inherited my sleepy ways and don't usually wake up till 9:30. But I know that'll all have to change when they start school!

Niki Jolene said...

I am not a morning person at all. I will admit that my days are much better when I make myself get up before the kiddo, but it is hard to do every day!

:)