Thursday, April 2, 2009

Things I LOVE Thursday...Internet Deals (free shipping & NO sales Tax)


I live in Tennessee. Our sales tax is 9.74%, that means that everything I buy actually costs me almost 10% more than the price on the tag (even groceries). I'm always looking for ways to buy things we need without paying that sales tax. Twice a year we get a sales tax holiday that allows us to buy school supplies and clothes without sales tax, I try to take advantage of it to the best of my ability, but it usually falls at a time that is not convenient for me.


I absolutely LOVE getting my diapers and baby things from Kelly's Closet!! I follow their blog and have learned so much about all the different brands of diapers, plus every week they have a giveaway. A couple months ago, I actually WON a giveaway!!! Just yesterday, I got a package from Kelly's Closet in the mail. I ordered a fitted diaper, two covers and a laundry bag. I've had my eye on this stuff for a couple weeks. I used one of their weekend specials to get FREE shipping....this is a very frequent coupon! And because they are in Maine & I'm in Tennessee, I paid no sales tax!!! This week they are giving away two one size fitted diapers and my favorite cover! This month is their 8th Anniversary. They are having a GREAT prize giveaway & at the end of April anyone who has bought from them this month will be eligible to win one of two Wii's with Wii Fit!!!

Check out Diaper Diaries for more Things I LOVE Thursday.

1 comment:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Your sales tax is insane! I'm in VA, but I often shop in MD cause they have no sales tax on food. Isn't it interesting how much we pay in taxes :p
Thanks for the site, I will have to check it out! ALWAYS need more diapers :)