Friday, April 24, 2009

Family Photo Friday

Another new blog carnival I found last week. I don't have a lot of vintage pictures on my computer, but if I get my scanner hooked up I could have lots & lots of things to share for this one.
This is a photo that my Mom received from one of her cousins. The boy on the left is my Grandfather. He is with his Father, Mother & older Sister. We are guessing this picture was taken in Mississippi where they lived, around 1934. My Grandfather would have been about 6 or 7 years old. It is surprising to me how much my Mom and my Great Grandmother look alike.


To see more Family Photo Friday visit Pictures, Pots, Pens

9 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Denise, welcome to FFF, you will have so much fun here. I love this picture, it is so sweet. Where in MS are your grandparents from. I'm from the Brookhaven area?
Thanks for the comment, yep, that is how they met, even though they lived 3 miles apart, they were always so close but so far. Even went to the same Rad. school.She said she heard of how good he was and saw his name and picture on the wall of honors, but never met him untill she went to work in Jackson at the same hospital. Fate, I think so.
Molly

ClassyChassy said...

Thanks for sharing the photo and story. It's always fun to read stories like yours!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Great photo of your grandparents! I love old photos, especially Black and White! Thanks for sharing your family! Have a great day!!

Sherrie

Angela said...

Denise, what a wonderful old family photograph! Thanks for visiting my page. Can't wait to see more old pictures of your family.

Sue said...

I find that my scanner is my bestfriend when it comes to my old family photos. Thanks for sharing.
Sue

Malisa said...

Your grandfather was a handsome young man! Oh, yes, you do have to get your scanner hooked up!

Malisa

Montee said...

They look like such sweet folks.

Jeanne said...

Denise, you are so lucky to have photos like this to share. I have some of my great grandparents when they vacationed in Fl. I, at one time, actually lived in the same town where they vacationed in the winter. Thank you for sharing this terrific history of your life. Hugs...Jeanne

Diane said...

Denise, thanks so much for stopping by my place! And, thanks for sharing this wonderful picture of your Granddad and your Greats. I love history and genealogy, so seeing these vintage photos is so exciting to me and to hear the stories that go along with them is just the icing on the cake!

I too am a TN girl, from West TN! I am so looking forward to getting to know you!

Many hugs.........

Diane