Thursday, April 9, 2009

Things I LOVE Thursday....Cheap Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs

I started buying the off brand Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs at Walmart last year. A 4 pack is about $6.50. As our regular bulbs burn out, we been using these as replacements. I was surprised to find that they are now about the same size as an old fashioned light bulb, they fit fine in all my fixtures. The best part is that they use 75% less electricity. They are also supposed to last 3 times longer, we haven't had them long enough to test that claim. So far none of ours have burnt out, but the oldest ones are only about a year old.





7 comments:

Courtney@Booksnboys said...

Oh, I think I have some coupons for these too! I will have to try them out...my mother-in-law told me NOT to use them in the closet though - they will fade your clothes :(

Brooke said...

we desperately need these in our house - we have vaulted ceilings and have to break out the ladder every time a bulb needs changing

Candice said...

I love those too. So glad they started making them smaller.

Taylor said...

We use these too, what a bright idea making them smaller, yuk yuk! Sorry couldn't resist.

thediaperdiaries said...

We have switched most of our lightbulbs over to these except the ones on dimmers cause they burn them out. But I love how simple it is to save money.

Anonymous said...

We switched over a few years ago and they're great!

Katie said...

We too switched over our bulbs. At first it seemed like quite an expense in relation to the cheapy bulbs, but for sure worth the $.