Monday, April 27, 2009

Making your Home a Haven..Review Week

This week Tammy is doing a review on all the steps so far. Since I came in late, this is a HUGE help to me. Every week when I finish writing this post, I feel more enthusiastic about the changes I'm trying to make in my house. I've really enjoying this carnival. Tammy's questions are in italics.

Is your wake-up time set realistically, and are you being disciplined in following it?


I'm doing pretty good about seeing the kids off to school. I am looking forward to school being out for Summer in a few weeks so that I will get to sleep in until at least 7 every morning.


Is your
morning routine functioning to boost your morning, or do you need to alter it a little?
My morning routine is working pretty well. I've tweaked it to put the load of clothes from the night before into the dryer immediately when I get up & get a second load started....this is really helping me to get caught up on the wash.


Have you been doing your
evening routine? Do you need to change anything?
My evening routine works and I haven't needed to make any changes to it.

Is your bed time working out? Do you need to tweak it, or just be more disciplined?
I'm still really struggling with going to bed at a reasonable time. I knew this would be hard for me.



How has
your attitude been? If you're including prayer and quiet time with our Heavenly Father during your day or routines, have you been working on letting God lead and calling on His strength to show a positive, uplifting and loving spirit towards those in your home?


This was covered before I started participating. I have been putting in extra effort to try to be uplifting & positive whenever possible with my kids & Hubby. I don't have a set time for prayer or quiet time. I've found that if I manage to get to the bathroom alone, that is a good time for a few minutes of prayer. I prayer through out the day for friends & family whenever I think of them. I am allowing myself to realize my blessings & just spontaneously be THANKFUL for them. I have a favorite praise hymn that often plays in my head. At times of stress I breath deeply & think the words to myself. I'm also trying to follow where I think God is leading me rather than forcing my own desires on everyone around me.


Visit Tammy at
Tammy's Recipes to see more Making your Home a Haven.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like things are going well for you! Great job!

I am looking forward to our homeschooling to be finished and summer to start too! I love those warm days out in the sunshine and swimming! Have a great week!

Janet said...

Sounds like you're doing really well. I had a Bible Study teacher who once recalled the days she was a single mom with young kids. She said she kept a Bible in a basket in her bathroom and that's where she went for her quiet time with the Lord because she knew it was only place she'd get any privacy. We do what works.

Pam said...

This sounds like an interesting meme. I know that I definitely need to work on the bedtime routine (for me.)
I enjoyed reading your post.

~*Michelle*~ said...

Great post! I am pretty good with my mornings, but my nights need some work.....and I pray in the bathroom alot too! ;)

xox

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

Sounds like you are doing well! I still need to work on my get up time here. :)

ginny said...

hi...just stopping in from the challenge! i am encouraged to know that there are other moms out there that don't really get a quiet time set aside. i struggle with getting a chunk of time set aside to do that...but i am often offering up quick prayers (usually for help!). i have tried keeping on a christian radio station during the day also to try and feed me a bit. i am looking forward to reading more on your blog :)