Thursday, April 9, 2009

Three Things this Thursday

Here's another new blog carnival I've recently discovered. I get to share three random things....just because.

1. We had snow on Monday & Tuesday. This is significant because it is APRIL & I thought I moved to the SOUTH when I moved here 4 yrs ago. Fortunately, even though we had freezing overnight temperatures two nights in a row, my tulips survived! Unfortunately, my new daffodils didn't.

2. Hubby had vein ablation surgery on his right leg on Tuesday. Originally they told us he would be able to go back to work the next day...we were skeptical and he took off a few days just in case for recovery. He is doing well, but can't stand for more than a minute or two & is definitely in no shape to be at work. So far we don't see any drastic difference, but we are very hopeful that the swelling will go away & his leg will return to a normal color. It was a harrowing experience for him, which he is supposed to repeat on the left leg at the end of the month. Prayers for him would be greatly appreciated.

3. Easter is coming up quickly. I've got adorable dresses (second hand finds) for the youngest two and I've purchased a new dress shirt & tie for our 10 yr old son. I'm no longer in charge of wardrobe choices for the oldest two, so no worries there. The only problem currently is finding a PERFECT dress for my 8 yr old princess. She may end up wearing one of the many dresses she already owns, but we will be going shopping again on Friday and/or Saturday to look for more options. I'd LOVE a pretty Spring dress for myself as well but the current styles are not at all flattering on my "fluffy" figure.

Hop over to Pridelands Mommy to see more Three things this Thursday

3 comments:

Melonie said...

Wow, fun meme. I'll have to give this one a shot.

I hope your hubby is feeling much better soon. I scrolled down and boy, that leg really looks painful!

I love your WFMW lightbulb solution. Luckily I haven't had that problem with my kids but if I do, I'm whipping this one out!

Anonymous said...

IS there a main page for this blog carnival? I'd love to check it out!

~*Michelle*~ said...

Hi there!

And thanks for popping over in my world and joining in on the Three Things This Thursday fun!!!

You have such a beautiful family :)

I will pray for your husband for a healthy full recovery.....and I hope you find the perfect dress for the most perfect day of the year!!

peace and love~
*~Michelle~*