Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Update on the Church situation

Last Friday, I was feeling very conflicted about our Church. On Saturday, I came up with a plan & decided that I wasn't going to be forced into feeling we didn't belong somewhere that we all LOVE. On Sunday, I tried out the plan & not only did it work, but I felt really good about it.

Today, I met with Fr. Howard and the director of the nursery. I highly respect both of them and I know that they are not happy about the way this situation has ballooned. They have been talking and trying to come up with a plan that they felt would work, but at the beginning of the meeting I told them about what I had done last Sunday & that I felt it had worked out well. I also told them that I was willing to just not have Baby Daughter in the nursery for the rest of this cycle. This means that she might go back to being in the nursery during church in the Fall, but until then, she will stay with me wherever I am on Sunday mornings. I was assured that this should not effect our ability to participate in Vacation Bible School.

They both understand that this is a difficult developmental phase that she is going through right now and I think they were relieved that I had come up with a plan that seems like it will be a positive solution for everyone involved.....including Baby Daughter. There is one family who's child was bitten by Baby Daughter at the beginning of December who is very concerned about their child being around Baby Daughter & it was suggested that I consider writing an apology to them about the incident from early December. I'm not sure yet what I would say in such a note, but I am thinking about it.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...


I'm glad you have found a solution. Sometimes it is hard to remember that this is just a phase:)

As far as a note, only do so if it comes from the heart. Of course we never wish our children to harm others, I'd hope they would realize too.