Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday...Breast Cancer Awareness



I don't know if this week is a theme week for Works for Me Wednesday or not, but The Diaper Diaries inspired me to write about Breast Cancer Awareness today.

I will be 43 next week and I have not yet had a baseline mammogram, I know that I was supposed to get one when I turned 40, but I couldn't, I was pregnant. The next year, I didn't get one because I was still breastfeeding. This year, I'm thinking I should make that appointment. For years I've read about the benefits of breast feeding for prevention of cancer. I've spent 13 of the last 22 years breastfeeding, so I'm really counting on the protection. Fortunately, there also doesn't seem to be any history of breast cancer in my family.

I'm currently running a giveaway for 3 pairs of Karen Neuburger designer breast cancer awareness pajamas, I've gotten some great comments about what others are doing to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Remember to do your monthly breast self exam & remind all your friends...and Hubby too, it isn't as common, but men do get breast cancer. Check out We Are That Family to see more Works for Me Wednesday!

No comments: