Saturday, September 19, 2009

Gimme Pleez Review

Have you heard about Gimme Pleez? I hadn't until recently. What is it? Well, Gimme Pleez is: "A social networking site that helps you save for the things you want, the things you need, and the things you dream about!" (from their website).

What exactly does that mean? I was confused at first too. When you join the website (it's FREE), you create a profile and then set up goals that you want or need to save for. Once your profile is set up you can share your information with friends and relatives who might be interested in helping you reach your goals.

During this time of financial uncertainty wouldn't it be nice to be able to ask Aunt Sue to contribute to your car savings for Christmas & your birthday instead of buying you a sweater you might never wear. Since profiles are public, anyone can donate to your cause. While it was a little disconcerting to me at first to think total strangers might read about what I want to save money for, I like the idea of being able to read about other peoples goals. The openness of the site makes it really easy to perform small random acts of kindness, just click on somebody & if you identify with their goal, donate a small amount....every little bit helps when someone is saving for college, a car or their wedding.

When I was first asked to check out the site, the name actually put me off a bit, gimme doesn't seem like a very nice way to ask for something, but I've been seeing the term a lot lately & I think it must be current slang that I'm just not familiar with. I don't think it is meant to be disrespectful, although that was the first impression it gave me. I initially signed up about a month ago & hadn't done much with my account. Recently I actually set a goal and uploaded some pictures, it was super easy. The entire site has a very friendly inviting atmosphere. My son Mason now has an account too, he's saving for his living expenses for next semester. The Gimme Pleez site will make it easy for me to help him with his college expenses.

Do you have a goal you need help saving for? Check out Gimme Pleez!

No comments: