- It has been FOREVER since I've participated in this carnival. I've missed it, but really didn't have the time to devote over the Summer. It's been a GREAT unproductive Summer. We didn't go anywhere, we didn't do anything. Now that the kids are back in school, I'm ready to get back into a routine & this carnival is a routine that I really enjoy.
- I've made the decision that I really want to try to go to the Type A Mom conference in Ashville NC in September. This is a conference for bloggers who want to take their blogging to the next level. I've been blogging for almost a year & I think I'm ready for the next step. Getting to the conference wouldn't be difficult, mapquest says it is a little over 100 miles away, the conference ticket & hotel accommodations are my BIG obstacles.
- Morgan started middle school last Monday... he is growing up soooo much, so quickly. Every day he looks & acts more & more like Mason. Maggie started 4th grade on Monday. She is growing up too, it's scary to think about how much she is growing up already. Mason is scheduled to attend college orientation on Monday & Tuesday, then he comes home to pack & moves into the dorm Thursday or Friday. Eeeek!!! I'm excited for him, but wow this really snuck up on me!
- Marissa & Melanie are adjusting well to having the older kids gone during the day again. It really amazes me how quickly they have fallen back into the schedule we kept in the Spring. In the coming weeks we will be adding storytime at the library, playground time at the park & Catechesis at Miss Courtney's to our schedule. I'm also starting to work with Marissa on her letters & Melanie is picking up counting & colors more & more everyday.
- Yesterday was my volunteer day for the Food Pantry phone line at church. I was scheduled for 2 hrs, but ended up being there for 3 1/2. In that time, we filled our available delivery slots for the entire day. I was really troubled by how many of the people calling seemed totally desperate for common toiletry items...they can get food stamps to help them buy food, but there is no assistance for things as basic as toilet tissue, shampoo & laundry detergent. Unfortunately our pantry doesn't have much supply of these items either. I spoke with the coordinator of the program at our church & he feels that we already ask the congregation for so much support & there are so many other programs that need support it isn't a good idea to bring these deficiencies to anyones attention right now. I think the urgency I feel for this program is that it serves people right here in our own backyard. I've considered making some homemade detergent to donate & haven't had the time. The more I think about it, I need to get the ingredients & make the time for this project. It can be miserable to be poor & being dirty while you are poor makes it that much more miserable.
- I've got a clothdiaper review & giveaway starting later today. I thought I would give everybody a sneak peek and one last chance to get an extra entry that won't be available during the giveaway. Here is a video demonstration of the diaper system from their website. If you want an extra entry in the giveaway, add my button from my sidebar to your blog & leave a comment HERE telling me where it is located. This will only be available until the giveaway goes live.
Speaking of clothdiapers, be sure to check out the weekly #clothdiapers twitter chat on Monday night and be watching next week for the next installment of the Cloth Diaper Bloggers Carnival....the theme will be "washing cloth diapers" If you'd like more info about participating in the carnival go HERE for info.
- This week I also began participating in SITS and joined The Product Review Place. I've been contacted for a review of a really cool tween girl product, so far Maggie LOVES it....review coming soon. I'm hoping to do more reviews & giveaways, but I have no plans to stop participating in all the FUN stuff that brought me to blogging in the first place.