Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Where in the World Wednesday

Many years ago, when Marvin and Mason were little, one of their favorite shows on PBS was Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?....this new meme has that theme song going round and round in my head.

Where in the World is THIS?



This is the Ft Loudon Dam in Loudon County Tennessee.  A few weeks ago the kids and I went for a ride just to get out of the house.  We drove over the bridge above the dam and tried to get a look at the locks that allow boats to navigate the Tennessee River.  Morgan was especially intrigued by how the lock system works, we will be doing some research and visiting some more of the locks over the summer.

3 comments:

Ginny Marie said...

Hi, Denise! That's a beautiful picture! My husband is also fascinated with locks, and he wanted to go see the ones in Sault Ste. Marie when we were up North, but we didn't have time.

I'm sorry my blog was giving you trouble! :( I just wanted to let you know that you DID successfully leave a comment and link up your post! I don't know why they didn't show up for you. My new Blogger template is slower to load than the old template I had. Let me know if it continues to be a problem, and I'll try to fix it!

Jenelle said...

Now, I've got the Carmen SanDiego song in my head. I used to love playing that game on the computer. :)

Unknown said...

He he on the Carmen SanDiego thing! I will be signing it all day too!
I always loved driving over our Dam when I was little, I don't know what is so fascinating about it, but it just is!