Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things I LOVE Thursday....Murphy's Oil Soap


I have found ANOTHER daily theme that I just LOVE....this is one of my favorite things about blogging. I really enjoy writing these types of things. Not only does it help me get my thoughts together, but it is FUN!!!

So here goes my very first Things I Love Thursday....(I found this one looking through the links from yesterday's Works for Me Wednesday.)
Many years ago, I had wood floors & lots & lots of woodwork in my house. So, of course, I bought Murphy's Oil Soap to clean it. I fell in LOVE with the scent and I discovered that while it is advertised for cleaning wood, it is very useful in cleaning all sorts of other things around the house. I no longer have wood floors, but I still use it almost daily. It will remove crayon from walls, grape juice from carpet & marker from the microfiber couch cushions. It also removes normal dirt & grime. And all the while it smells WONDERFUL.

I now buy it in a gallon size bottle at Home Depot. There are directions on the bottle for making a spray with it. I use the spray for cleaning painted walls, actual wood & the already mentioned couch. I also use a bit in a bucket of water to mop the linoleum. A little bit goes a LONG way. I use it a LOT & have had my current gallon bottle since early last Summer. It can also be used right out of the original bottle on a sponge or cloth, just remember it only takes a very small amount.
Drop by The Diaper Diaries blog to see the links to more Things I Love Thursday.

2 comments:

Heidi Boos said...

I never would have thought it would be such a good cleaner. I'll have to look into that. And, as a mom of six kids (you, not me...I only have 2), I'm sure you know what true cleaning is all about! :) This was my first Things I Love Thursday, too. It sounded fun.

thediaperdiaries said...

I had NO idea it did all that!! I might have to check this out.