Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday.... Carpet in the Dining Room with kids

First of all, let me say that I do not own the house I live in and if I did, I would just rip out the dining room carpet. Since the house is a rental, we are limited in our options. My solution was to buy a cheap 9X6 rug at Walmart & put it under the dining room table. This is the only table we eat at, so with a 1 yr old & 3 yr old a LOT of food seems to end up on the floor. The rug protects the carpet, it's easier to clean, it's much darker than the carpet and if there is a MAJOR spill I can roll it up and take it outside to clean it. This rug is saving not only the landlords carpet, but a bit of my sanity as well.

Check out the other great tips on this weeks WFMW.

1 comment:

Janet said...

The rug is a great idea. We rented a house with carpet in the dining area when E was little. I kept a vinyl tablecloth under her chair but stuff would still get on the carpet from time to time. It is definitely a challenge with little ones.