Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rest in Peace Stacey




Yesterday, something happened that I had dreaded for a very long time, something that I was hoping against hope would NOT happen. My friend Stacey lost her five year battle with brain cancer. She was an inspirational person. Her first battle with cancer was waged while she was pregnant with her 5th child, she stayed strong & fought with all her will, not just for her own life, but for her precious baby. That sweet baby is now a healthy, energetic 5 yr old. Stacey never gave up. She joked about the fact the Dr's had given her a very bleak prognosis. She defied their predictions & because of her strong faith continued on. At one time it appeared she had actually beaten the cancer, but as is so often the case, it came back. She went to college, hoping to one day become a Dr. She went on a mission trip in Mexico with a church group. She endured many adverse situations in her personal life with courage and grace. She was so strong and had fought so hard that when I heard she had been moved to Hospice, I hoped against all odds that she would once again rally and make another miraculous recovery, but sadly it was not to be this time. It makes me so sad to contemplate her dear children having to finish their childhoods without her. Stacey had many friends who loved her dearly and I am proud to be able to say I am one of them.

No comments: