Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Mom is coming to stay for a couple weeks

My Mom lives about an hour and a half away. She moved to Tennessee to be near us the year after we moved here. She doesn't drive anymore, so when we want to spend time together it usually means that I go pick her up & bring her to our house for an extended stay. She and I are working on finding a place for her to move closer to where I live. She is retired & is free to move around, but she has a limited income, finding a good fit has been difficult.

I have Catechesis training this Saturday and she will watch the kids for me. We are hopefully going to work on some organizing things around the house next week & then on Nov 9th, Baby Daughter is being baptized. My Mom will be one of the God Parents. After that, we will start getting ready for Thanksgiving. By that time, it will almost be time for my December Catechesis training, she may just stay for the whole month.

She is supposed to be spending Christmas in California with my brother, it will be nice to get to spend some time together before she goes away. I think she will probably be in California for about a month too. Maybe by the time she gets back we will have found a place for her closer to my house.

No comments: