Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Traveling with Cloth Diapers...Cloth Diaper Carnival #3


Welcome to the third installment of the Cloth Diaper Bloggers Cloth Diaper Carnival!!! We have been using cloth diapers since August of 2008, and believe it or not we have not done any traveling.

I have considered going away for a few days & do have a contingency plan. If we were going to be staying someplace where we would have easy access to a washer & dryer, I would definitely bring our cloth diapers, if we were only going to be gone overnight, I would definitely bring our cloth diapers regardless of laundry facilities. However, if we were going to be someplace for an extended amount of time (more than 3 days) & didn't have easy access to laundry, I would use disposables. Melanie hasn't been in a paper diaper since February when I spent 4 days in the hospital with pneumonia. When she sees one, she laughs at the idea of wearing it. They are not REAL as far as she is concerned, so I think that if we chose to have her wear disposables, she would be unhappy with the decision. She LOVES her clothdiapers & is at an age where her opinion about what is comfortable on her body also needs to be taken into consideration.

I will be testing the new Gro Baby disposable inserts soon, I haven't seen them yet, but from what I've heard they may be a very viable travel option. I expect Melanie to like them because they go inside her existing cloth diapers.

Visit Kim at Dirty Diaper Laundry to see all the Cloth diaper traveling stories for this months carnival.

No comments: